COVID-19: Visiting Guidelines for Casey House
In light of concerns regarding COVID-19, we are following the updated recommendations from the Maryland Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ensure the health and safety of our patients and the community.
Upon arrival to Casey House:
Our staff will take your temperature. If your temperature is higher than 100.0 0F you will not be allowed to visit Casey House.
You will be asked to sign-in, and print and sign NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION, and REASON FOR VISIT (If visiting a patient, please write name of patient).
You will be asked to answer “yes” or “no” to the following questions:
1. Have you or anyone in your home/family member traveled outside of, or to the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area within the last 14 days?
2. Have you or anyone in your home/family member had close contact with anyone that has been quarantined, infected, or awaiting COVID-19 test results?
3. Have you or anyone in your home/family member been ill with a respiratory illness, or experienced symptoms such as cough and shortness of breath? Or at least 2 of the following symptoms – fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea?
4. Are you residing in a community where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, or your temperature is higher than 100.0 0F, you will not be allowed to visit Casey House.
Those who meet the criteria for the updated visitor policy will be given a visitor’s badge. All visitors must wear their VISITOR BADGE at all times, as this will indicate to our staff that you have permission to be in the facility.
At this time, we are taking the following steps:
• Requesting that all visitors wear a mask at all times.
• Restricting Casey House access to IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY (as defined by the patient).
• 1 visitor at a time, and 2 visitors per patient, per day.
• Requiring that no children under the age of 18 visit at this time.
• Actively screening individuals entering the building, and restricting entry to those with respiratory symptoms or possible exposure to COVID-19.
• Requiring all individuals entering the building to sanitize their hands at entry, and frequently throughout their stay.
• Requesting that visitors use the patient’s restroom.
• Requesting that all visitors remain in the room of the patient they are visiting.
• All common areas at Casey House are closed.
• Maintain social distances of 6 feet from staff and other visitors.
• Visiting hours end at 8 pm.
To ensure these measures are taken, the doors to Casey House will remain locked.
Please press the button on the LEFT to communicate with our staff.
Thank you so much for your understanding and support as we navigate this public health pandemic, and work to ensure the safety of our patients, families, community members, and staff.